Saturday, June 01, 2013

What a mess to deal with.




I got this thing off and tried to clean it up yesterday with degreaser. But it still has grease every where. Okay how to take it apart. I went on You Tube and found a guy working on one of theses on his Power wagon, Dodge. He didn't say how to take it apart, but showed how to press it together. So I guess I need to pull it apart? WOW it worked, I used a small hammer and just tapped the ends off, very slowly. They came a part. Now clean and clean again. I worked on this for over 2.5 hours cleaning it up. Still has a gasket stuck to it. Going to let is soak over the week-end in gas to try to get that off next Monday. God willing. Oh I did buy the rebuilt kit for it here at Albury's Supplies. Auto part store here. It cost $78.00+ 
If this works it was worth every cent and time. Now after it is back on I guess I will find out if I did it right or not. I did mark the ends with  punch so they will line up again at the right spot, prayerfully. While doing all this with it, I really had some second thoughts on WHY would I tackle something like this ? It has been raining here, now since Monday morning and I really have not done that much work. So I guess I thought I needed the challenge. Which it really was to get it down and out, now putting it back we will see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...