Saturday, February 06, 2010

It is Saturday morning,

Yes I have something more to share with you. I have been reading this book called On Being A servant of God By Warren W. Wiersbe. I have gotten to chapter #21
This chapter is dealing with the joy in serving Jesus Christ our Lord. I have just one area I will abound on. No matter what kind of Christan service God has called you to, it's a PRIVILEGE to be in ministry and to serve Jesus Christ. In some ways, it's the hardest work in the world: but in many ways, it;s the happiest work in the world. Yes,it has its tears and trails, but it also has its JOYS and triumphs:and the best is yet to come!
Let me close with the joy of knowing that your service for Christ will last eternally: He who does the service for God abides forever, (1 John 2:17) Most of the people you meet day after day are either wasting their lives or merely spending their lives, but God's servant have the privilege of investing their lives in what is eternal. the oft-quoted words of Jim Elliot say it perfectly: he is no fool to give what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...