Sunday, December 27, 2015

On Christmas Day another wonderful day for ride.


I am heading south. This is the Commercial Blvd. Beach. 






Not sure why the pier is closed. But I have walked on there many years ago. Maybe one day it will be reopened? 



Still heading south on A1A. beautiful day for a ride and just enjoying the breezes in my face was worth the whole trip. 


This is Fort Lauderdale beach. near Sunrise Blvd. 






Heading back home now. 


You can see the warning flags are out. Must have Rip Currents. 




This is at Pompano Beach. There is a lot more folks hanging out here.  




Riding west on Atlantic. I saw cars and people at Heavenly Pizza. I have been here many years ago while they were on US 1, Federal Highway. Now here, I ate here about, two months ago. Okay these guys are Christians? Why are they open on Christmas Day? 
I stopped in and remember their deal for lunch. You get two pieces of pizza and a drink for $4.99. Okay I guess this is where I will have my Christmas Lunch. Everything else is closed. Even McDonald's. I walk in and see people some what dressed up. Thinking maybe they just got back form church? So I stood around for a little while, waiting for someone to say, may I help you? I guess they were busier than they planned? I asked if the lunch deal was happening today? No we are closed. Really. I guess they were having their own Christmas party with family and friends. 
I got back home and made a ham dinner and it was a wonderful day. 
Thank you Jesus for all you have given me and just thank you again. 
Folks you can look at this and say, poor guy. Christmas alone? Not I enjoyed it to the fullest. I rode with Him and that alone is worth it. 
I did have chance to go see Star Wars that afternoon. Which it was a great movie too. Saw it in 3 D. 
It is funny, back when the fist one came out in 1977. I was married to Cheryl . I took my father and mother in laws to go see this movie. The sad part was I got lost and we didn't see the first part at all. Maybe 10 minutes or more, we didn't see. So for these many years. I really never understood the movie. So as I sat there and watched it. It all came back and NOW I understand the story line.
I will be leaving this afternoon to drive over to Largo, Florida. 
\That is where some of my family live. So I will be up there until Tuesday and driving over to Winter Haven, Florida. There we will have lunch and all of us will just hang out for the day. 
Please if you think of me tonight, I will be driving over the Skyline Bridge. I remember my last time. I was not a happy camper. the height is more than I like. the good thing is it will be dark by then and I should not see to much. 
God bless and have a wonder day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...