Saturday, August 20, 2016

This is so nice to be able to do.


That is correct, I am at home in my driveway. I needed new brakes. You can see I kinda pushed them a little more than I should have. The rotor is a little damaged. So I drove over to Advance on Thursday afternoon. Got the new pads. Even drove to Walmart. I went there for 5 quarts of oil and a oil filter. That only cost me $20. for the oil and filter. As I was on line to find the brake pads, I checked out Advance for the oil. They are selling the same oil for $29.99 and the filter was $3.99. Thinking it has to be cheaper at Walmart. 


Like I said, I should have checked these about 500 miles ago, maybe even sooner. I did hear the medal to medal while driving over to pick up my cousin. She even said, sound like you need brakes? 
Okay did the brakes and oil change and even washed the truck. It really does feel good to be able to do your own work and think about the money I saved. Now as I get older, not sure how many more years I will be able to do this kind of work. But as long as I can. 
It really is kinda of sad, when I was making some good money, I said I will pay someone to do this work. After living in the Bahamas, you do what you can. 
I am very blessed to call my place a home, plus be able to do work on my truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...