Sunday, October 22, 2017

Wednesday night coming back home.


This is the door Roy and I repaired just before the hurricane. Not looking to good now? 



While driving back to my house. I saw this door laying on Mike's front lawn. I stopped and he came out and we talked a little and asked about the doors laying there. He told me one was 32" wide and the the other was 36" I need a 36" door for a lady (Sue) in the park. Right after the hurricane last month, Her back shed door, flew off and was destroyed. So I have been keeping my eyes open to fine one. I went shopping at Home Depot and Lowes. The cheapest was $144.99. She told me it was not worth buying. So I was thinking what do we have to loose? Threw it in the back of my truck and let us see what happens?  


Need to cut about 1" off the one side. We did and then used a chisel to clear out where the hings are needed to be. Found out afterwards, the only thing is foam behind the wood. Nothing to hold the hings in with. So Roy said let us make her plywood door. So was talked it over with her and she said go ahead. 


Roy and I went to Lowes and bought a T111 plywood. This is siding for your house. Thinking it is some what treated and should last for many years. I remember back in Bahamas, I my house (Camp Office) was made out of T 111. I had to replace some pieces, cause water damage, leaking roof.


This is Sue, you can see how excited she is? She said it is a door. I was very happy it is working well and will be back to paint it next week. She told us that she has the light brown paint in the other shed. 


I was tickled pink to see how nice it came out. All we did was frame it with fern strips. and put the old door frame back on where the hings go. It really looks great to me. The reason is I have been looking and looking for a door for the last month or so. It works great and she is happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...