Sunday, December 03, 2017

As I have just become part of Board of Homeowners Association. Here at Spanish Lakes Country Club.



This is Gay (our treasurer)  Judy (president of HOA) and my work partner Roy. About two weeks ago or so, the board here asked if I would do the job of communicator for this board here. I think I wrote about this back then. So as I have a key now to our meeting room. I walked in and looked around and said, wow.  I asked Judy if we could clean it up and get rite of old stuff? As you look above you can see that years ago, I guess each board member had a briefcase? So I think that was the first thing out the door? Then Judy asked Gay if she could come over to, and help us figure out what is old, to throw out and what is needed to be saved. Plus what needs to be shredded up too? So we all had our hands full with going through the paperwork. There was papers from back in the 80's. I don't think anyone ever throw anything away? So at the end we had three large garbage bags full of papers that need to be shredded. Then throw out three (3) filing cabinets and a bunch of other junk. Three (3) other large bags of other paperwork. So at the end we have the paper work needed to save and threw the rest out. 
Roy and I drove right over to Staples and asked about if they shred? No problem, $.99 a pound. 



This is Max. he was so friendly and willing to do the job for us. As Roy and I watched him take a pile of paperwork and throw it into a LOCKED Garbage can. I think it took about 30 minutes and maybe more? 



The next day or so, a large truck will come in and take these cans and shred everything up. Now our office is all cleaned up and ready to do some business. 
It cost the board $118.00 to shred everything. 
Hey our office looks great and now the next board comes in, they have a clean area and no more old paperwork laying around. 
I am very happy to be part of this and look forward in seeing what I can do to help our HOA. 
The funny part is we are having our board meeting tomorrow morning at 10am. But I will be at my doctor's. He will be repairing my hernia at 7:30am. 
So please if you think of me then, say a prayer or two. It is a outpatient procedure. 
so I guess by noon I will be back home relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...