Thursday, May 10, 2018

This is on Monday night as we had dinner together.


We all sat down and had a wonderful time to get to know each other. The sad part is I have trouble remembering the kids names? Sorry about that. But this is Callie (left) two children, her hubby Dylan. Then Meg on the right hand side and her hubby Don. Now I know I have talked about Don before. But just a reminder. Don and I go back to 1958. The only reason I know that is I have a video of him and all my neighbors that lived near me. Were at my birthday party. I turned 7 years old. The reason is the cake has it on it in the video. Okay now you have a understanding why I am here. All the years I have known him I really never meet his kids. Callie was my first. The reason is we all live many miles away form each other. 
Okay my vacation has started. 


As we were walking back to our room. I asked to take a picture of them. Now Meg I know known since 1972 or around then. Don meet Meg in collage. They both went to University of Michigan. 
I am not when or where, but I know I hung out with them many times. I even went to their wedding. I was told that night they have been married for 37 years. The time keeps flying by, doesn't IT???


We all got up early. I went down to the restaurant for a coffee and sweet roll. Then got back to the room and we all took a walk down to the bus stop. It really is neat to see my old friend again. 
As we sat there waiting I just love watching folks and enjoying looking around and seeing how Disney World has grown SO MUCH. It really is funny, I was in this area about a year or maybe two. I came to visit Tim Ryan and another old friend Tim Lamb and stayed at one of the resorts then, for one night.
 Just looking around and seeing how much this place has changed. WOW mind boggling. Disney World resort is about the size of San Francisco, Cal. Only 35% of it's more than 27,000 acres has been developed. (Google) 


As I entered the park. My questions about should I give back my old ticket or save it? Well talking with Don about it for the day and evening before. I decided to keep the old ticket and just buy one day pass. Now I could have bought a three day pass for $170.+ OR get a one day ticket. Which cost me $129.+ Okay now why wouldn't I get the three day one? WELL the three (3) day one is only good until the end of June, this year. I have no intentions of coming back in less of a month or so. So I am in and loving it. 



This is my old friend Donald. (Donny, when we were younger) I was Tommy them too. 


Hey the last time I was there, in 1984. I remember this ride as it was yesterday. The song still rings in my mind to this day. We didn't go it this time. 



As you walk around and look at prices and all kinds of food, every where. As you all know me, I am CHEAP. I really have trouble spending money on stuff or food that cost more then I think it should. Okay where am I going with this? I was thirsty and needed a boast too. So I spent $5.+ on this drink and it really tasted good. Plus I got a kick in the back end to keep going on. Which I needed. 

I don't think I ever rode this train. so Don and I went on and it was nice. But you really don't see that much. It is the behind the seeings. Oh well I got a chance to sit and relax and just watch people. 


As we pretty much stayed with the children and parents during this whole day. So they set times for different things to see and times to meet different characters at the park here. So we walked from here to there and back again. It really was fun, but as I am getting older, it was a push to keep up sometimes. I took a lot of pictures but some didn't come out as good as I thought. I will stop here for now and share more tomorrow. 
I am back home today and loving the idea, Don and Meg are staying with me until Sunday. 
Now maybe by then I might not be thinking the same way?
Hey like I said our lives are very far away from each other and we look at things a little differently. 
But I am so happy to be home and hanging out and just doing things around here. 
Please say a prayer for a good friend, Bobby, he is getting a pace maker put in this morning.
 Thank you and I love you all out there. May your day be blessed and highly favored, BY HIM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...