Thursday, May 31, 2018

What should we do on Memorial Day?


Greg (cousin) and I went over to the club house. They have a very nice looking pool table. The cushions on the sides are some what shot. But we are just enjoying our time. 


Meanwhile there were people around the pool at this time too. I think it was around 11 am or so. I think at 1pm there is a cook out happening here? You know hot dogs and fixings. 


As we were playing I was getting my butt kicked. But it was for fun and enjoyment spending time with Greg. 
We got back to Bonita's home and sat around and watched some TV. Meanwhile she was getting ready so we could go out and have a nice lunch together. Greg drove us to Sonny's BBQ. 



Got inside and saw this cute guy. I think I was told many years ago, that Cypress Gardens was one of the first Florida attraction. Looking on Goggle I found out that it is correct. Jan 2 1936 as a botanical garden planted by Dick Pope Sr. and his wife Julie. Over the years it became one of the biggest attraction in Florida, known for it's water ski shows and garden and Southern Belles. 



As sitting there and just talking about what as been going on in our lives and just hanging out. We had a wonderful lunch and after wards went to the grave sites of their parents. Walter and Thelma. As Uncle Wally was a vet and just to go and see all the American Flags on the graves was very rewarding. That is what this day is all about. The ones that have fallen because of wars and all the evil that is in the world. 
THANK YOU ALL THAT HAVE SERVICED.AND ARE SERVING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...