Thursday, May 24, 2018

When was the last time you ate humble pie????


Should be a easy fix. Take down the old light and put up a new. 


As I was taking down the old one. Not thinking of testing the switches. Piece of cake. All the white wires go together. three black wire, I think are together? Then one black and red are together, I think? 


This is the top switch. traced it to the black and red wire. 


Now these wires I can not find where they go??? 
So I hooked up the light and it works, but only on the top switch. I am almost positive the bottom switch is to this light??? Okay what do I do now? I called a old friend in the park here. Murphy came over. I told him what has happened. He worked on it for about hour. The bottom switch still not working. I tired the wires together so her other lights work. I even called two electricians. Got their answering machine. I didn't sleep well at all that night. I think I know what I am doing? Okay I went over to another guys house I know, he does work in the park too. Mike. I told him my problem. Mike told me that he would look at it and see what is going on. He was scratching his head. Then asked me where is the switch for the fan. I told him I think it is broken and it runs off of the top light switch. Well we took off the cover of the fan. Tested it and that is bottom switch goes to. NO WAY??? 
Now I asked Joy (owner of the house) Can you tell me what switch goes to what. She tells us the top on is for the lights. The bottom one is for the FAN. REALLY, I need to humble myself and next time, not think I knew the answer?????


Now my thinking, the fan and light are right next to each other, WHY NOT HOOK THEM TOGETHER??? 
Oh well, I put up the new light and all is well. 


This is the other room I changed out the light here too. That one only had two wires. 
Plus you can see I put up trim around both of her mirrors in the bathroom. 
Murphy, the guy that came first. I saw him yesterday and told him about what I what happen? I was wrong and he just laughed and said, Oh Well. 
So I really need to test switches before I take them apart. REALLY!!!
I was WRONG. Help me LORD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...