Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A couple of items to share


These two are my cousins,Bonita and her brother Greg. This was a shot of them just before I left on Sunday afternoon.




I got close to home and needed to get some food. You know milk and a couple of more items. So I saw this and was thinking how my roommate has been talking about getting someone in to clean our rugs. So why not do it ourselves? I remember renting these before. It really is not that hard to do. But we will see what he has to say. 


Okay when I got into work. I saw this on my schedule. Needs it done by 9 am? Okay so I looked and said I can do this? Not knowing it really is for Tuesday morning at 9 am? Hey when you read something. Make sure you read the whole ting. I read it and said wow. This is going to take more that a hour to do? I just started and after a hour and half I had the room broken down. Then put up the 8 foot tables. Then had to go get the rockers from the mommies room. So around 9 I was figuring on some people showing up to use the room. No one came. Josh stopped by and was asking me how is it going? I told him what I thought. He said no that is for tomorrow morning, I just looked around and said, ad least it is ready for them now. 



Pastor Ruben;s wife came in to and set the room up like this. I am so happy that this is done correctly. It looks great after her crew came in and finished up up to look this way. That woman's touch make such a great difference. 



There was a young man that has passed from this earth many years ago. He had cancer. His name is Gray Cook. he use to work at the church as we were over on Gateway. he built any thing out of wood.(lumber)  Like this pulpit. If you look under anything he built, he always put a verse or two on it. That was his trade mark. I remember the Matthew 6:33. I looked that verse up, back many years ago to understand why he did this. 
That verse said's But first seek His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. It is about servant hood. Who are you serving? 


This is Josh. If you have been checking out my blog at all. I wrote about how I have had a chance to learn another trade. That is working on locks. Making keys and learning how the lock works. Well yesterday as my day was pretty much done with set up. I went over to his office and asked if I could help out? He said sure. We drove over to Home Depot and got him some tools he will need to always have on hand. Hand tools. Plus a drill. The reason is today (Tuesday) we will be going over to another church to redo their locks. This church is called the Midtown Church. This is one of our satellite churches. So the locks need to be set up so we have control of the keys. Well this is just one of our locks at Calvary. This one needed to be replaced. So guess we get to have fun doing this kind of work today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...