Sunday, October 26, 2014

This is our church work day.



As I have the privilege to call Calvary my ministry and job. This last Saturday morning there was a, what they call a Church Work Day. As being part of Facilities. I was there. As I was talking with other staff about this day. It is a time for normal people that are part of Calvary come in and serve the church itself. Like I saw people planting flowers around the property. Then watching as they cleaned the seats in the sanctuary. I even knew of a job that they were going to do in the gym locker room. 


We all came in and had a wonderful breakfast. Then sat around and had time to meet these people and find out stuff on where they work or how did they know about Calvary. Just some small talk. I had a chance to sit with this couple. Tom and (sorry but I forgot her name) As sitting there they were telling me how they use to come to Calvary years ago. Then moved away for a while and now they are back to serve. 


Oceans Edge came in to do some worship songs and then Tony, Facilities manger. He gave us a devotion on what it means to serve others. Then after that the people, when coming in signed up for different jobs for them to do. Well Tom, the guy I was sitting with, went with the crew to build the benches in the locker room. His wife went out to plant flowers. Then Jeremy, Brandon, Scott and i went over to put the South Banquet Hall back together again. Remember on Friday night was the Bahamians Feast Dinner. So as the day went by we really got some things done that would not happen during our normal hours at work. I look back and say wow we got a lot done.  
It really was a blessing to see the people as they serve. 
Maybe next time I will see you there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...