Saturday, October 25, 2014

What to do on Friday morning at 7 am?



It is a Men's Bible study. You come in and enjoy a cup of coffee and a bagel. Then you have this time to worship our Lord with beautiful music. Then Mike one of the leaders does a little talking about all that there is to do here at Calvary. Jason Mann was our guy to share his story with us. I was sitting right up fornt, so I didn't get a good picture of Mike and Jason. There is a projection screen in between us to see clearly. But Jason shared what and how God changed his life. What happen and how he got on staff here. He is one that over sees the Benevolence. Now some people are not sure how this works? So this is what the dictionary tells us what it means? 
Desire to do good to others, goodwill, charitableness, Which comes down to hearing the person's heart and letting God give us the discernment weather or not to help them out. Then do what you can. It is a hard task to know if you are really helping them or just covering up a bad cut and they are still bleeding to death? 
Had to leave early to do that work ting.







This was the set up for the Bahamian Feast last night. It was some work but in the end it looked great. The kids you see here are some of the ones that are going over to serve at the Adventure Learning Centre this next year. So this dinner is to raise up some funds to make is happen. As I was walking around I could hear how the students were getting so excited about helping out serving the dinner and every thing that goes with it.  I didn't stay. But I believe it went well. Really thought about coming back, but at the end of the day, I was pretty tried. I think they were saying there would have been around 280 people there. So at $20.00 a plate, they should have done well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...