Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I was invited for a nice Thanksgiving Dinner.


A young lady named Donna asked me if I would like to join her with her club called Southern N Other'n Dinner.  I really don't know what this club does. But I said yes just to have something to do on Thursday evening. I drove over to Donna's home and watched a turkey get cooked and have a nice time of getting to know each other. The turkey is cooked and I had a chance to see if I remember how to crave it. She has a electric knife and that was the cat's meow. It worked out well. Loaded my truck up with the food and drove over to the club house. 


We sat with some of her friends. and had a wonderful meal. I am not one to love turkey, but this dinner was delicious. 


Frank ( nick name BIG FRANK) that is filling his plate again. He told us at the table, he doesn't do deserts. He just goes back and gets more food. I thought that was pretty funny. He is 6' 6".  His wife is about 5' They are a cute couple. 


Afterwards I went to the other side to get some desert. Many item to pick from too. TOO MANY. 


We cleaned up our table and there was a meeting getting ready to happen. Debbie, I guess is the over seer? We opened in prayer and the board told us all that will be going on this next month here. 


After the meeting we played a game called Left, Right and Centre. It is a dice game. All you do is start out with three (3) quarters and roll the dice. Now if the dice come up R/L/Black dot. You give the folks around you your quarters. Like Right side then the one on your Left side. The Black dot you are safe. Hey it really was kinda of fun to see folks get your quarters and then give them back. Oh the Centre is the cup in the middle of the table. Now when the dice say C you have to put the quarter in there. This way at the end, the person who has one quarter left wins the game. You get the quarters  that were in the cup. 


It really was fun to play, Donna the young lady I was with, won both times. 
I took a picture of her winnings, but it really didn't come out that good, so I deleted it. But at the end of the evening we all had some fun and I got to meet some of her friends. Good people. 
It really is nice to play a game and just listen to each others way they play. Some say wait minute, Hey give me my quarter back????? 
I think I told them about four time I love this game, the reason was I had like five (5) quarters at a time. But after one or two rolls I didn't have any. But like I said at the end it was all clean fun and no one really got mad. 
I will be hanging out with most of the people on Friday evening. The Elks Club. That was the dinner Donna asked me to go to on last Tuesday evening during darts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...