Wednesday, November 08, 2017

To me it is amazing how fast these weeks go by.


Yes you can see I had my teeth worked on. Not sure how I took this picture with my mouth open? This is Anthony. He is the hired driver for the Crossing Thrift Truck.This is the job that Pastor Craig offered me a couple of weeks ago. I got a call on Friday afternoon by Cindy (she is from the church office) She asked if I would be willing help out (volunteer) on Saturday with some drop offs and pick ups of stuff? Well I really don't have a life now. But sure why not? 
So we meet at the thrift store and loaded up some dressers and end tables for a young lady that lives in Lakewood Park area. 
We got there and unloaded three large dressers and two end tables. Coming back to the store we were told she wants a couple of more of them. So loaded up two large and two small dressers. Go there and unloaded them. Then we had another pickup at this guys house in Lakewood Park too. The stuff we took out of there, we should have left there. It was two sets of mattresses and box springs, non matching. A dinning room table with not matching chairs at all. As we got back to the store. I saw this was mostly garbage. We ended up throws a lot of his stuff in the dumpster. 
Anthony has only been doing this job for three days. I did talk with him about his guys junk. But he thought if someone wants to give it to the thrift store, why not take it? 
So after wards Cookie, thrift store worker. Had a nice talk with him (Anthony) and told him, he can turn things down. he doesn't have to pick up everything that they want to give us. . 
I helped out in thrift stores many years ago. I even thoughy about running one for Calvary Chapel. 
So I understand how folks think they are helping the store out by giving us their garbage. But in the end we need to pay for a dumpster and have to hail it away. 


From there we had a meeting at Spanish Lakes Country Club at noon. To pick up the remainder of the stuff left over from the yard sale they had that day. Then stopped at a ladies home in the park here too. Picked up many boxes and things. Like a three piece sectional couch. Plus a real nice roll down desk. Just a lot of stuff. Then from there we drove over the The Lakewood Methodist Church down the road from where we were. 



Here we only picked up a nice dinning room table and chairs and a couple of boxes of nice glasses. 
Got back to the store and unloaded everything. It was around 2:30pm. Which it worked out great for me. At 3:20pm I had a appointment to hang up Bridget's  drapes and rods. The reason for that time. Her mom has Dementia. So her mom goes to church at 3:20pm every Saturday night. This way she will never know what we did for her. Prayerfully she will walk in and say wow nice curtains. 
Okay back to my exciting life. Got back home and took a shower and drove south to Palm Beach Gardens (60 miles) for the following event. 





This was a nice turn out. I had a chance to get some what caught up with old friends and just hang out.. Then after dinner we all went into the church and sang and just had a wonderful time praising our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Left there and got home safely and turn the clock back and it was bed time. 
I am very blessed to just be able to help others out and I know at the end of the day. I did my best. 
I was blessed too and TRIED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...