Friday, November 03, 2017

We are getting some what caught up.


Okay on Monday I didn't take any picture of the job we did. This is Marie's shed in back of her home. I repaired this right after the hurricane distorted it. I could not find the insulation to put back up. So I just covered it up with the siding. After wards Marie asked why she could see light coming though the siding. I told her that i didn't put up any more insulation. 
She asked if I could put it up now? 
So Roy and I went to Lowes and got one sheet of insulation and screwed it in with fern strips. It came out better than I thought it would. The reason I say that is, I was not going to take the siding back down and start all over again. So we just cut the size and screwed them in with fern strips. I forgot to take a picture afterward's.
so that was our Monday. 



On Tuesday we started a new job. This is at Bobbie's home. She has a CB home and the screens keep getting cut by the weed eater, the lawn service guys. 


So we started out with the screen door. Which was the hardness one to replace. The reason was the spine was the wrong one. We could not find the one that was in there already. So I just bought the smallest round spline that Lowes had. It worked, but it was very hard to push into the channel. But at the end it looked great. 


This is #2 repair. It is a small size screen but it needs the heavier spline. It went in so much more easily. I can tell you this, The Lord really did this job. If you know me, I get started and try to make it tight. I did screens back in the Bahamas, (ALC) and these were screen windows. So if you make it too tight, after a while it will bow in. Then pull the screen inward. 


Just have to move on down to the next opening on the bottom. It really turned out to go pretty easily. 





Now to fix the real problem. The weed eater cutting the screen in the first place. We put up Dog Ear fencing. Cut it to the size needed and screwed it in to the aluminum poles. 



It came out looking really good. There was one more thing to do. Where the boards didn't have a pole at, we put a small piece of lumber in between them and then painted them again. I will take a picture today (Friday) of the after protect. We are going back over to Bobbie's home to do a little more work on the inside. 
Praise Him for the brains He has given us and to understand how to repair things each days of our lives. 
Now if He would help me with my personal things I deal with? I know He is and it is in HIS TIME. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...