Saturday, November 04, 2017

Well I went to the dentist up this way.


Yes I got my teeth cleaned and some X rays. Cost me $89.00  plus a fluoride treatment $43.00= $132.00. The dentist came out and told me that I need some work on one tooth. He showed me the tooth and and the x ray telling me that the two fillings that hold the tooth together needs to get a crown over the top of it. Then afterwards they handed me this break down sheet on the cost of what is needed. $1599.00. Then I sat with one of the accountant there and she was telling me that. If I sign up with their VIP discount program. It would cost $199.00. I would get two cleaning and x rays and then 20% off any of the work that is needed. So at the end she told me that it would ONLY cost $1253.60 plus the $199.00 = $1452.60. I am thinking how MUCH?????
So the next day I called my dentist I was going to down in Fort Lauderdale. When I was working at Calvary Chapel. 
They told me that I could come on down on Thursday morning and see what they can do for me. I left on Thursday morning at 8 am. To be down there by 11 am. Thinking I should have about half hour to play with. 




As driving south I ran into this traffic jam. It was only a construction area. It slowed me down for about 20 minutes. 
I did call the office and told them I might be late? 



If you can see the sign here? It saids NO TRESPASSING. This area is cleaned by FDOT.
Please remove all personal items. If you look you can see someone's clothes hanging on the fence. 
This is Broward Blvd exit. This is the one that goes to my dentist office. 
This area has always been a homeless area. Years ago. heading east. There was three tents set up by the Bus Station, for them and even families stayed there. 
The tents are gone but the homeless is still here and down town, Fort Lauderdale. 



This is a bridge that goes over the New River (I think) Roads are tore up and getting some thing new. 


This is my dentist office. I was 5 minutes late. 
After talking with the staff for a little while. You know getting caught up on their lives and what is new. My dentist had a baby since the last time I saw her. She is such a delight to be around. 
Well she looked and told me that I only need to get the filling replaced. So how much will that cost? 
Well I didn't give them my health card when I got there. The reason the dentist up here told me that I don't have dental insurance.  So they told me it would cost $75.00 for the office visit. Then $325.00 for the filling. I thinking GREAT. Then I asked the office manger to try using my health card. She came back and told me that they will pay the $300.00. 


You can see they gave me a $300.00 credit towards my HSA account. I was so happy to hear that and was very happy to get the tooth repaired and I am doing great. I have another appointment on Nov 20th at 11 am. I sure am looking forward in coming back south. Just to save some money and see my favor dentist. 
Praise our Lord and thank you so much for wisdom to think out side the box. 
I saved over $1100.00. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...