Saturday, November 18, 2017

This is how our week started out. We have a job????


There is a gentleman in the park here that asked for our help. His name is Paul. Right after the Hurricane Irma. I got a call from Gerry, his friend. She asked me to come over and take a look and see what I can do to repair his roof and ceiling? He was away during that time. So we, Roy and I went up on his roof and could not see anything that was damaged. I told her and she told to talk with Paul when he gets back into town. 
Which he did and we came over and took another look. I told him I not sure where the water is coming into? The ceiling is dry now. So he talked with a roofer, came out and did a small repair. Now we can repair the ceiling. Plus the wall along the bottom. 


The water must have run down along the wall and there was some water damage here. But still dry. 


We need a couple of pieces of wood to put on the rafters. This is what will hold the drywall up there. That is what Roy is doing here. 


Got the drywall up and spackle it in. Plus the bottom piece too. Have to let it dry over night. 
This happen on Monday. 


Tuesday we came back and we bought this can of ceiling texture spray. Tried it out an this piece of drywall before doing the ceiling. It looks like it will work great. 



It sure was messy. When spraying it build up and sprays everywhere. By God's grace I put down a tarp first and that really helped us with clean up. You can see Roy is vacuuming. 




Got the ceiling done. Now painted the wall. Have to let the texture stuff dry. So I was asked to help out with a couple of moves at The Crossing. The thrift store. Got there and did the moves and came back to finish up this job. 



Came back and painted the ceiling twice and the wall again. The blue paint really didn't really match that good. But it is behind a bed anyway. 
I really think the ceiling came out pretty good myself. Hey Paul came home and told us it looked great. Folks that is the words I love to hear when I finish up a job. That is all that matters too. They are the ones that live there and if they are happy. So be it. 
Getting back to the texture spray. it really was messy, but it looks good afterwards. 
I thank the Lord for all I get to do each day and that is what life it all about.
As for today, Wednesday, I get to go to work at Winn-Dixe for the last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...