Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving morning and afternoon.




Woke  up on Thursday morning and it was looking like the rain was with us all day long? This is the front of Greg;s home. We both woke up and had some coffee. Mean while he was telling me, he needs to go back to bed and rest. he was not feeling to good. He gets headaches and some times they last a long while. So I drove over to Deb and Jon's home for breakfast. 


This is their new (old) home.They bought it used.  I think they bought this during the summer and move in then? I was here when they just got their new old place. 


Jon (Debbie's hubby) was showing me this neat dinning room table. Hey all you do is pull the table apart and the leaves are in it already. I have ever seen anything like this at all. I really liked it. Don't have to store the leaves in the closet. One bad part it.You have to use both leaves at the time. that is how it is made. Oh well. nothing is prefect, except our Lord Jesus. This is what this day is all about. Giving thanks for our families and friends , to be able to share this day with them and look back in our past and say wow THANK YOU LORD. 



This is my cousin Debbie and her daughter, Cheri. It was neat to watch those two work together so well in the kitchen. They knew what had to get done and they made it happen. 


After breakfast we sat around and got a little more caught up on all that has happen since the last time together. 


They both really clean up well, don't they? 


The one sitting in the chair on the left is my cousin Mark. He is Debbie's brother. Jon standing there, looking like what should I do next? Bonita on the right hand side. 




The couple on the left are friends of Cheri's, sorry forgot names already. 



Mark was our carver. He got most of the meat off of the carcass. I think he is the youngest as cousins go. 




Cheri and Deb set the table and it looked so nice. 




There was a couple, that came too. Sorry not sure of names.One of these days I will take a NOT BLURRY PICTURE.  See what happens, I take the picture and thinking that one it should be good? 
Just think when we used 35mm cameras, You would take a whole roll of 36 and hope and pray one of them come out looking good? 
But we all sat around the table just enjoying some great food and hearing stories about our different families and just having some fun. 
I am very blessed to call my cousins family and pretty much realize this is all we have left for family. There are a couple of more out there, but they live a ways away. So getting together is most of the time very difficult to make it happen. 
But we do have each other. Praise the Lord for this and our traveling back to Bonita's home that evening. Really was easy ride back there. No real traffic to say. But it was worth the trip and I would do it again in a heart beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay we made to Orlando and all checked in and ready to enjoy our time.

It was near the end of the day. So, let's take a bus to Universal City Walk?  It's really neat how they have set this place up. Univ...