Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I have finished building all of the hurricane shutters.


These are the last six (6) to build. As I was looking at how much lumber I have, I thinking I might need a couple of more pieces? 


But as you can see here, I had the correct amount. I bought 100 pieces and a friend of mine back in Fort Lauderdale, asked me it if I could use the four (4) they had laying around? I said sure, If not I will store them for something else. 


Okay now I did make a mistake on one of the cuts, that is why there is one at 55" Then look at this one pieces here,  I could not use this one either. It is split in the middle. 
So I just want to praise Him today again. He knew how many I needed and I had the correct amount. The smaller pieces, a friend stopped by and said, you can use them for your edging in front of the flower bed in front. 
So I have not wasted that much lumber and I had everything I needed to build sixteen (16) panels. 
So today I am going back to the first ones I built and cutting off the small screws that I put in to deeply. Plus taking the wood off the windows and putting the pins in those too. Just like the front one I did yesterday. Four (4) pins in panel. That will work great. I will save the small pieces of lumber I used to hold them up. This way, if there is ever a hurricane, no one around to help put them up. The supports will help me hold them in place and then put the wing nuts on and I am some what ready. 
Folks I know you are saying, why am I doing all this work to save some windows? Well I need to be ready an not foolish about protecting my home. After I paint the panels and get that all done. I will be putting up cables for the carport. I will keep you all in the loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...