Monday, July 11, 2016

Okay my first church since I have been up here.



Okay when you first walk in, you see these signs. Now this is a restaurant/bar. 


I m reading the bulletin, and saw Dave Sheil. Okay I know that name? As I walked around and checking this place out. It is a some what rough place, but very friendly. 






So I am still walking around checking this place out. Roland and Katherine, they are the couple that sold me my home here. They offer to take me to church today. I sat down and just started to meet the folks around of table. Really friendly and feels like carrying folks. 
I saw the pastor talking with the folks and I walked up and asked if I knew him? He looked at me and asked me from where? I said maybe Calvary Chapel? No he said Via de Cristo. It is Christian week-end. I was very much involved with for many years. He opened his arms and said Tom Schafer and gave me a big hug. We talked for about 10 minutes and he had to leave to start church.  


This was my breakfast. That right church, coffee and breakfast too? It was kinda of funny, as they are singing praise songs, I am trying to eat at the same time. It really felt not right. I guess this is how we do it back at Calvary every time folks are in the cafe eating and watching the TV of church going on in the sanctuary. 
Maybe next time I will eat before I come or get there earlier. 


This is Pastor Dave and sorry not sure of the other gentleman name. He did the announcements. 


This is Pastor Bob. he did the teaching. Pastor Dave afterwards abound on Romans 6 and then closed in prayer. 


After Pastor Dave did his teaching. We did one more praise song, to close it out. As Roland was walking to his car, I thought I needed to say something to Dave. He was standing next to the pulpit, selling his book, he wrote. There was a small line waiting. I asked if I could say say goodbye to Dave. He gave me a big hug and handed me his book. He asked for me to read it and he would love to hear what I have to say about it. 
The really neat thing about all this is, God knows what I need to grow and mature in His Word. So as I keep praying and asking Him what church should I go to? I will keep Pastor Dave and his church in mind. I did enjoy the praise and worship. The teaching was solid. They are going through the Book Of Romans now. In chapter #6. Which is about us being sinners and how grace covers our sins. 
Not sure about you, but I am still a sinner and if I didn't have a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. I would be a sinner heading towards HELL. But by His grace I am going to heaven. 
Praise in the morning and the night, JUST PRAISE HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...