Thursday, July 14, 2016

My Lord knows what I need and how much.


When I first started painting the hurricane shutters, I was thinking. I might not have enough to do all of them. So I thought I will do the front ones first and then the ones on the east side of my house. This way, when I go out of town for any amount of time. I can put them up and not feel bad about people just seeing wood hanging on the windows. 
Okay I will paint the back panels. Wow I still have paint. Well I guess I will finish painting everything. These are the boards for the sliding glass door.  




Now take a look and see how much paint I have left. Not even enough to paint one more board. (maybe one more) 
I was thinking of the verses about Elijah asking a older women getting ready to make her and her son's final meal. All Elijah ask was for her to make him a little loaf. He told her that there would be enough food for her and the son.
 1 Kings 17:14 For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel says: There will always be plenty of four and oil left in your containers until the time when the Lord sends rain and the crops grow again 
I know this is a stretch. But He provides. 
GOD IS GOOD, ALL OF THE TIME.


Next project. I have heard and seen many carports gone after a hurricane comes through. So as I have looked and seen what others have done. I decided to put cables on the one side where the poles are. The only side is attached to the roof. This cost me about $98.00. I really think it will help if ever we get a storm here. 


I know the picture really doesn't show everything. But all I did was drill a 5/8" hole in the driveway and put 3/8" anchors in. Screwed a hook in there. Then on top put  3/8" eye bolt. Used a turn buckle.This way I can tighten it after I get it up.  The cable is hanging from there, attached to the anchored hook. I am not leaving these up. That is why I made them that way. So all I got to do it hook them up and tighten them up. This way ad least I am trying to keep it from flying away. God only knows what will happens. 
All I know is I need to do my best to try to save what I can. Like I said, I am trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...