Saturday, January 20, 2018

Flying over to The Bahamas. Thursday morning.


This is the first time I ever used South West Airlines. They offer you two bags for free. So Tim was telling me this a couple of weeks ago, before I bought my tickets. So what the heck, nothing to loose. 


The plane was full and I had a chance to seat next to a older couple. Their names were Tom and Laura. They were from Toronto, Canada. As we sat there, he was telling me about his two sons and how well they are doing in the service. (Army). It was a enjoyable ride and very fast too. It only takes 45 minutes to fly over to here. 


They have their own peanuts too. 
As Tim came to pick me up, we drove right back to the All Saints Camp. That is Tim's and his wife Felicia ministry. They both have been helping out here now for the last 14 years. They use to come over with  a group called Mission Discovery. During those times these groups would fly over from the states and stay at our ALC Camp an do work project here at the All Saints Camp. So during the beginning of doing that. They felt God tugging on their heart to move over here. So they packed up and became missionaries for the ALC plus All Saints Camp. 
Okay, now as they help out here. There are groups that still come and do different work projects. So for the last two weeks, my old church Calvary Chapel Ft Laud, have been working up here. So we got back and I had a chance to get some what caught up with some of my old friends from there, plus the 8th graders and leaders. As I walked around and just took different pictures of all that is going on there. 






These are some of the students cleaning up around the Camp. 




Plus some of the leaders and folks that live here were playing Domino's. It was good to see my old friends 


This is the church that has been here for many years and by God's grace it still is standing. I think two years ago, during the hurricane Mathew there was a large tree laying on top of the roof here. I really thought this building was no going to be standing still since that time. But like I said God's grace it still here and they use it. 


I see The Bahamas has all new plates. They are really shape looking. I got a couple out old plates from the ALC. 
Over all I am so happy to be back and really am looking forward in seeing other old friends while here. 
As today is Saturday for me, Tim and I will be working a project he has started a little while back.
So our day is pretty much all laid out and ready to go. 
I have missed this place and really am excited to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...