Friday, January 26, 2018

Folks I am still working on Sunday. As I walked down to the Arawak Cay








These pictures above are of Arawak Cay. I am not sure how this all came to be? But I think, years ago, someone just opened their home and started sell food out of homes. Now you look around and I think there are over 25 restaurants just in this area. 
This place is known by Bahamians and even tourist. The taxis bring them down here and take them back to the ships. I know this place we went to last night as pretty much the best tasting and price wise too. 
It is called Oh Andros. That is where, Tim, Arron, Sam, Stu and I ate last night (Thursday night Jan. 25th) 



This is Tim, Sam Arron and Stu.



This is Snapper. It comes with the head and tail and most Bahamians eat all of it. 


This is grilled fish


Cracked Lobster. 




I guess this place really does get rowdy and party time!!!!




Fruit and veggie market across street. 


I waited about five minutes and my Jetty  (#10) came along and picked me up. These are the buses they use here in the Bahamas. It only cost $1.25 for a ride. Now sometimes you have to take two of three jetties to different parts of the island. That depends on where you want to go?There are routes they have set up and each jetty has it own. Like for the #10 bus there might be over 20 some jetties that drive this route. 


It is kinda of funny, but as we stopped to get fuel, he only put $6.00 in. 

This is the price for gas. Now diesel use to me more? Not sure I didn't look. 






This is looking at Goodman Bay. area. Which is Cable Beach and Baha Mar. 



This is the Prime Minister's  office. 







It really was a enjoyable ride and like I said, $1.25 no bad at all. 
I got back to Tim's home and that was my Sunday. 
Today is Friday the 26th, 
It really is flying by my time here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...