Friday, May 10, 2013

This is the church I am a member of, here in the Bahamas.


It is a sad day today. First I had to come to Calvary Bible at 4pm. There was a funeral for a dear man, named Carl E.Symonette. I have known Carl since I started going to Calvary back 6 years ago. He has been such a nice guy. He is always has a smile on his face. Oh, before he retired about a year or two. he worked at a place called Topps Lumber. There he would check out the truck you were driving with the things you bought inside of the lumber yard. He always said good day or something like that. Then he would say something just to get your attention. You know what do you think of this? Or what have you been up too? Just over all a great guy. During this funeral there were people saying all kinds of nice thing about him. 
Oh the day that he passed, just a quick story. He went to the doctors office to get some test do. While sitting there he had a chance to share with this guy sitting there, about Christ. Carl shared and right after he did. He was sitting there and then his head went down and he was gone. That really is a neat way to go see our Lord Jesus Christ. Don't you think so? Hey, he is now with our Lord Jesus Christ and he has no more pain no more worries. Just has his Father with him and looking down and saying look at all the people that came out to see me? The church was full. There were a lot of people I didn't even know. I know Carl meet many and many came to say good bye. 

Then after that, we had a church meeting  at 6:30 pm. This was to see who would like to be on a board to look for our next new pastor. It really was kind of a low turning out. I think there was around 50 people in total. But at the end we had our board and they will be meeting on May 19, Sunday afternoon. I ask that if you think of them, PLEASE say a prayer or two. This really is the future of our church we are talking about. As Pastor Lee will be retiring in Aug of this year. We really need to start looking for our next pastor. As Calvary is not part of any other church. Which if we were we could ask for someone to take over. But as it stands now, we need to find our new pastor. I really am looking forward in seeing what happens. The reason I say all this is, it really will be hard to find someone as gifted as Pastor Lee is. He has such a way of teaching and just getting The Word out that will be the hard one to replace. Pastor Lee has been such a wonderful man and Pastor. I have written about him before. During my time here. I have taken all the classes he has taught plus just getting to know him, has been such a great time. You know during our Saturday morning meeting at 6:30am. I really use to enjoy hearing him speak and just trying to keep us all on point. You know, getting 12 to 15 guys together in a room. How that can just get out of control. Pastor Lee had a way of keeping the peace and getting his point across. Has it stands now, Pastor Lee will be here until Aug of this year. I really hope and pray that during this time we will be able to get someone in that Pastor Lee can check out and just knowing we are in good hands. Which we are by Our Lord Jesus Christ. But would love to hear and see how this is all going to work out. I love my church here. I just want to best we can have and the ONLY REAL WAY IS BY PRAYER. So Please help them with this one part. PRAYER. Our Lord will send the right guy and it will be a win, win. Thank you for you prayers and let us see what happens next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...