Sunday, September 07, 2014

Looking out of my kitchen window


It looks like this week-end is pretty much going to be a rainy one. I got under this morning an rain. So I pretty much stayed home and did a little computer work and watch TV all day. What a waste. 
Got up this morning same ting, rain. Hopefully later on it will clear up? 

Went to Calvary last night, Pastor Doug did a good job on what it takes to make a disciples. That is pretty much the ending of the story in Matthew 28:18 
Jesus came and told his disciples, I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 
Now the questions are asked, Am I sharing His Word with others? Or do I keep to myself and say that is someone else job to do.
Am I part of the church itself? Like going sitting and walking out afterwards and that is all. The church is not a building, it is what happen in Acts chapter 2 meeting together, Verse 43 to 47 then sharing in all they had with each other stuff. Plus helped the ones that were in need. 
That is what making a disciple is all about. Passing on God's Word and living it out. 
I know I fall short in doing this every day. But as I hear His Word, my prayer is I am willing to do what ever is needed and say thank you afterwards for the time He has given me.
My prayer for you is, Are you a disciple and are you making them too? 
Come along side another believer and just become a friend, that is all it is about. 
Pastor Doug asked this question, last night. How many people have close friends? Someone you could call at 3 am and ask a favor? 
The sad part is, do we have someone that I could do that with? I believe I do, but few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, well, I am moving forward on here. This are from June 15th to the 16th.

I think this is Rosemary Beach area. This is Saturday and they are having a farmer's market plus. So. we walked around and just looked a...