Friday, April 06, 2018

Took a drive north to Melbourne, Florida.


Last time I was coming up this way. I saw this bridge. Now I was thinking this is for the Bullet Train? I was wrong. This is a pedestrian overpass to honor a stream railroad that ran between Fellsmere and Sebastian. 


I got to Reine home and the first thing she wanted was a vent in this door. So I cut it out. Found out it is a medal door. not that good on paddle bits (wood drill bits) 


I had to take it apart again, after she painted it. The screen had some paint on it. I think it looks great now. 



I have had folks ask me to repair these kinda doors. I would just say, not sure how? But after looking at her's. It really is a easy fix. Just need to go and by a correct pins Home Depot). Drill a small hole where you want it to sit. Piece of cake. 




She wants a basin. No problem we went to Home Depot and found a small for $99.00. It comes with everything you need to hook it up. Except we need another line to run to the drain. Another job done. 



She has to door ways that she wants thresholds. On this one I had to take the door of and cut off 3/4" 
It sure was easy taking it off. Now putting it back. It was very heavy. But done.  



Thru out her home there are pieces of molding missing. Hey I have Richie's combine saw and I figured out the 45%. It took me a couple of tries. The sad part is I walk away and the next time I will have to do the trying thing again. But I think there was five spots that molding was missing. 


I am not sure why I didn't take a before picture. This really came out better than I thought. Reine and tried different things to make it look good. What was missing was the back of the cabinet. I made up a box out of 2"x 4" and screwed it in. Then we used different pieces to fill in along side of the cabinet. It really came out looking good. Now next time up here. We will be putting the flooring along the wall here. Plus molding on the bottom. 



Here is more of the molding missing. 


This is Reine and her great grand son. Caleb. He was with us all day long. He really was a good boy. He did as what his grand ma told him. He really enoyed riding in the truck. 


Last job. This is going up into her ceiling. The guy before had a small piece of plywood laying on top. There was a big gap between the ceiling and the hole. So now it looks great and she is very happy. Folks it sometimes is hard to make folks happy. but in the end that is all that counts. The customer is always right. 


Driving back home an very tried and ready for a nap. 
I m so happy to be able to do jobs like this and walk away with some money and everyone is happy too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, some days things just not going well.

Last week we had needed four new tires on the Kia. So, we got a great deal at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. After picking the Kia up, we drove...