Thursday, April 24, 2014

I am bored, what can I do today?




That right we as staff are to have these days off. The reason is there are no kids coming in until next week. Remember this is Easter Break time here. So after the group that worked on the cottage had finish using the rock and sand. I started taking the rock out and bring it down to the centre. We really could use it to fill in holes along the back where the train goes each day. So most of the rock went back there. To make the area look a little better I use the Gehl yesterday to clean up the rest of the rock and try to make it look a little better. Then went behind the cottages and clean that up a too. Ad least now it looks a like a road going to the cottages and the back too. If you remember many years ago, Patmos dug a trench to run the electric back from the Dinning Hall to the cottages. But now we ran the electric from the small power house over. So I filled in the trench yesterday too.
So after all that, I did go shopping and bought some things for the centre. That is stuff I enjoying doing. Just driving around and looking and making sure we have what we need at the time of the need.  
The last picture is the group that is in until today. This is Kevin,Kim,Logan, Steve and John on the left hand side. Then coming around the back right is Arron,Zax,Tim,Mindy and then Chelsea. She brought a group of three with her this time. The reason I say, this time. she has been coming here for many years. First with Mission Discovery. Then the last two years on her own. Small groups. three for four students. This time her main reason was to help out Pastor Joseph, on Carmichael Road Church. He has had this church for a while now. So when Mission Discovery comes each year, Chelsea as a group of students 20 to 30, during the Summer time to help out.While here this time, Pastor Joseph is in Canada, I think that is what she told me. So they just came in and painted one of the classrooms that the church uses for Sunday School. Kevin was even a part of their time there. He has been staying with me for this short time. Well Chelsea and her three helpers will be flying back home today, which is in Connecticut. So last night we had a meal together. The Seeley's has been part of their time here. So to finish it off we all got together.  I am so blessed to be part of groups that come in sometimes. I know when they get here, they are here to serve and ministry to the Bahamian people. To tell you the truth I miss being the Camp Guy. But I don't miss all the work that goes with it too?  So the Seeley's really have been a blessing to me too. It is hard work to keep this place in order and making sure all the paper work and calender is right too. Like today Tim will be working on finishing up the back bathroom, tile. The group that was here last week, tore out the old bath tub. When Tim is finished there will be a tiled shower. It really has needed this for many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...