Tuesday, August 05, 2014

58 years ago, this is how they talked about the future.

 58 Years Ago...



 Comments made in the year 1955!

 I'll tell you one thing, if things
 keep going the way they are,
 its going to be impossible to
 buy a weeks groceries for $10.00.


 (Embedded image moved to file: pic05600.jpg)




 Have you seen the new cars
 coming out next year?  It won't
 be long before $1,000.00 will
 only buy a used one.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic16041.jpg)


 If cigarettes keep going up in
 price, I'm going to quit; 20 cents
 a pack is ridiculous.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic26477.jpg)


 Did you hear the post office is
 thinking about charging 7 cents
 just to mail a letter.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic15391.jpg)


 If they raise the minimum wage
 to $1.00, nobody will be able to
 hire outside help at the store.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic28887.jpg)


 When I first started driving, who
 would have thought gas would
 someday cost more than 20 cents a gallon.
 Guess we'd be better off leaving
 the car in the garage
.
 (Embedded image moved to file: pic29275.jpg)


 I'm afraid to send my kids to the
 movies any more.  Ever since they
 let Clark Gable get by with saying
 DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND,
 it seems every new movie has
 either HELL or DAMN in it.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic25816.jpg)



 I read the other day where some
 scientist thinks it's possible to put
 a man on the moon by the end of
 the century. They even have some
 fellows they call astronauts
 preparing for it down in Texas 
.
 (Embedded image moved to file: pic09233.jpg)


 Did you see where some baseball
 player just signed a contract for
 $50,000 a year just to play ball?
 It wouldn't surprise me if someday
 they'll be making more than the
 President.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic26588.jpg)


 I never thought I'd see the day
 all our kitchen appliances would
 be electric.  They're even making
 electric typewriters now.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic18393.jpg)


 It's too bad things are so tough
 nowadays.  I see where a few
 married women are having to
 work to make ends meet.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic08514.jpg)


 It won't be long before young
 couples are going to have to hire
 someone to watch their kids so
 they can both work.
 (Embedded image moved to file: pic12606.jpg)


 I'm afraid the Volkswagen car
 is going to open the door to a
 whole lot of foreign business.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic07125.jpg)

 Thank goodness I won't live to
 see the day when the Government
 takes half our income in taxes.  I
 sometimes wonder if we are
 electing the best people to
 government.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic20337.jpg)


 The fast food restaurant is
 convenient for a quick meal,
 but I seriously doubt they
 will ever catch on.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic04914.jpg)


 There is no sense going on short
 trips anymore for a weekend.  It
 costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay
 in a motel.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic01663.jpg)

 No one can afford to be sick
 anymore.  At $15.00 a day in
 the hospital, it's too rich for
 my blood.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic23505.jpg)


 If they think I'll pay 30 cents
 for a haircut, forget it.

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic23776.jpg)



 Know any friends who would get a kick out of these, pass this on!
 Be sure and send it to your kids and grand kids too!

I just want to say thank you to good friend back in Nassau, she (Jen Petty) is the one that sent this to me. I really enjoyed it. Tings keep moving on. Let us try to keep up and see what happens next.
 Maybe these computers MIGHT take off one day and everyone will own one,HA HA HA. NEVER HAPPEN?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...