Sunday, August 31, 2014

Have some good friends that are up in New Hampshire.


What a beautiful shot of these homes there. This is Jan Romeo. Her and hubby drove up there for some time to spend with family. When Bill told me that they would drive up. I thought, wow. That is around 22 hours drive. But, Bill told me that they would be taking turns driving, I guess his brother and family went up too. Jan will be flying back tonight, I will be picking her up at the airport around 11 pm.


Well this place is busies. This is the car wash area. I have been back here before and never saw it full. But it is free and why not use it? My day was washing the truck and picking up Bob. Bob is guy that is staying at Bill Romeo''s home for now. Bob has had some troubles and Bill is trying to be a good brother and help him out. So yesterday, I took Bob to the library close by. While he was trying to get some stuff done on a computer, I waxed my truck. Then brought him back to my place and showed him around. Then took him back to Bill's. At 5:30 pm I picked him up again and took him to church. It really was a good teaching (Pastor Doug did) on Luke18:1-30.
Which talks about the persistent widow. There was this woman who want this ungodly judge to give justice towards someone who harmed her. She was persistent. So after many times of seeing him. Him gave in and gave her what she wanted.
It is like us, when we want something. Just think about the last time you prayed for someone else? You really thought something would happen, but after a while you gave up. This is Jesus telling us not to give up. Keep on praying about what ever you want Him to do. Now remember we are to be seeking His Will, not ours. 
Then in Luke 18:9-14 is about the Pharisee and the Tax Collector. This is about two men praying to God. The Pharisee saying I am so glad I am not like him, tax collector. Plus look at all the good stuff I have done for you god.Then you look over to the tax guy and see he doesn't even raise his eyes up to look towards the heavens. He is humbled. I'm a SINNER.
Luke 18:15-17 Jesus blesses the children. He is showing us, that we need to be like children, The faith they have is wonderful. Willing to trust. For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
Luke18:18-30
The Rich Man. How a young ruler came to Jesus and ask Him what  should I do to get eternal life?
At the end, the ruler tells Jesus, I have done all of the above, so Jesus tells him to sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven.Then come,follow me. The young ruler walked away sad. That was everything he own. He could not give it up.

Sometimes I wonder about stuff, how many times do I hand on to junk and say No I want this. But in the end you can not take it with you to the grave. Have you never seen a U Haul at a grave site? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...