Friday, August 22, 2014

Meg and I drove to see the Historic Fort McHenry National Monument


Back during the 1813 to 1814 years.  This is the fort that held British from taking over Baltimore plus. 


This is my friends's wife Meg.


Inside the fort area some of the acting solders were showing the children there how to use a rife, that was used back in that time. 



This is the place where they storied the gun powder plus. 



Looking south from the fort you can see this is the way Britain brought their ships into the harbor. Really was the place where Britain though they could take over the USA there. But as the battles went on for 25 hours. We as a Americas won. 
This fort is known for where Francis Scott Key saw and got the idea about the STAR-SPANGLED BANNER. He was watching the battle in the harbor. There was a lot of tings going on during this time, but as the morning dawn plus him sailing up the harbor saw the Amercian Flag still flying.  







This is just one of the fliers that we got when we got to the fort. Folks if you have not even been to this fort. Please make plans in your future to stop by and take a look at where history was made and there is so much more to see. 
I did take many more pictures, but to save time I only showed a couple. 
HEY September 14, this year will be the 200th anniversary of this battle. I really wish I could stay a little longer and be part of this history that will take place on that day here. 
As our time was winding down to get going. We walked back to the visitor's office and stopped to watch Roy , ranger there. Using props to explain how and why things happen they way they did. He asked me to play the roll of Major General Robert Ross, which was one of the bad guys that tried very hard to take over this harbor and fort. But near the end of the battle, I was killed. But it really was fun to be part of history, back then. I walked away and learn much more that I knew before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...