Friday, October 05, 2018

Not sure what happen Thursday? But this is Friday. morning.


Yes this is Friday. I was on my way south. Going to Boca Raton. There is a men's VDC going on that week-end. #97 Well as I was driving along, I kept checking for the sun to rise. 



I think the time is around 7am. NO TRAFFIC. It was clear sailing. 


Until I  saw the flash boards saying at W Palmetto Park exit,  there are three left lanes blocked. That is the exit I need to get off at. So I exited a couple of exits earlier. I got there with no problems. 
The church is Saint Paul's it is on W Palmetto Park. Got there and was greeted by fellow Christians. 



I one of the cooks asked me to fry some eggs and ham. So I had my first job to do. They came out looking pretty good, I thought. 
The reason I came down this way is, This is a Men's VDC week-end and Friday the kitchens are pretty much empty. People have to work and the guys staying here need to be feed. 



The reason no one is in the pictures is, trying to not share to much about the week-end. There was about eight to ten  folks that showed up to make up lunch and start dinner . 
I helped with both, plus I was the dish washer. I really enjoy coming in on Fridays. the kitchen is quite and the work is not to hard. 



As I finished up the dishes it was time for me to leave. So I said my good byes and started driving north again. I did stop in Lake Worth. I pretty much always stop to fill up my gas tank there. Not sure why, but I have found out the gas prices there are cheaper than any other place down this way. Plus as I stop at Cumberland Farm I get another .$10 off on gas using their card. The really good deal is get  hot dog and drink for less than $3.00. 

Over all got back home and just chilled for the rest of the week-end. 
Saturday I went to UP. That is the place I get stuff really cheap and there is nothing wrong with it. It might be a day or two old. But it is worth the trip and I enjoy talking with the folks there. They are always willing to help and just a nice place to spend the afternoon at. 
Not sure all I bought, but I know I pretty much didn't need any thing. But thinking of the savings. 
Then thinking why did I buy two large boxes of Cheez-it? They were only $1.29 for TWO LARGE BOXES.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We in Orlando area still. driving towards Pensacola, Florida.

Not sure where I got the gas at.  I know it was a 7/11 gas station. I have their app. I saved (i think $.20 a gallon)  This was our hotel fo...