Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hey folks guess where I have been the last three days?





If have answered PMH, that is Princess Margaret Hospital. You have the correct answer. I am sorry to say, yes I was there again. This time was because I have a crooked smile. Okay I will back up and explain. 
About 5 days ago, my left eye started to run with water out of it. Not thinking any thing else maybe I got a cold coming. Then Saturday my nose started to run. Now the real problems started. If you look back on Saturday afternoon, we had a going away party for my son Kevin. During that time, I was talking with Eric and Tim Ryan about all that is going on around the ALC. During that time my left side of my month stopped working. While talking I felt like my tongue was swelling up. I said something to those guys. Not really knowing what was happening. I just kept going on. Later on I was talking with Mark and told him how my month was feeling. He said maybe it has something to do with a stroke. I dropped off Kevin to his sister's. Came home and looked up STROKE. It was telling me that if my smile is not correct. plus other things I could be having a stroke. I just went to bed not thinking the worse. I woke up on Sunday morning and found out my left eye was sagging, plus I went to brush mu teeth. I could not spit right. It came out like my my lips stopped working. Just  note, not sure why my font changed just then. Okay, I started to get a little nervice. I went and talked with Mindy. She looked at me and said let us go to the hospital. I packed a couple of tings. We left the Camp around 8:45 am on Sunday morning. Got to the ER. Explained all that was going on. I waited around for about a hour or so. Saw one of the doctors, Dr Devol. He checked me out and told me to get some test done. So during that day, I had a CT scan, drew blood, chest X-ray and a EKG. I saw the doctor before he left for the day, he said they all came back okay. He sent me to the ER waiting room. Mean while I sat on and off for over 15 and half hours. I saw two other doctors, all asking me the same questions. About what happen. I really think I was making the story up or something like that. I know they were doing there jobs. At 12;45am on Monday morning I walked up to to my room that I was staying at. It had 10 beds in this long room. I went to sleep and was woke during the night a couple of times. You know blood pressure testing. Just a note, blood pressure was running around 149/92. That morning saw another doctor, Dr Roberts. he checked me out like all the others did before. He told me that he thinks I didn't have a stroke, but I have what they called Bells Palsy. It hit you like a verse. So he told me that there was a team of doctors working together on  me. I had people come and go to see me. Over all I was in good hands. It really is neat to talk with people around you and just hear their stories. Plus I walked any where I wanted to. I didn't have any IV hook up at all. Over the next couple of days I saw and talked with many doctors and nurses. It really was kind of nice to lay around and sleep all day. I know our Lord has been telling me to rest IN HIM. I have not and this is what has happen in the passed, when I don't listen to Him. So laying around and chilling. Yesterday at 5:30 pm I was released. Oh when I first went to the ER entrance, the girls there took my camera away, NO CAMERAS A LOUD. I wish I could have brought it in and taken more pictures of where and how it was like to stay there for those three days. 
Dr. Roberts gave me my discharge summary sheet. I had to pay for my drugs, it was only $27.27. Oh I forgot to tell you, every time I needed a test done. I had to go to the billing office. The really neat thing was she knew of the ALC and what we do there, so she just stamped the paper work and gave it back to me. Not telling me that I need to pay for this or that. The next day I got a young boy behind the window for billing, telling me I owe them $594.34 so far. I just told him I could not pay as of that day. He stamped my paper work, not a real happy guy. But I had to have another CT scan on Monday afternoon. That was funny time too, I had to walk to the parking lot of the hospital. The x-ray machine or CT scan was broken inside. So they had a portable one out side. So Miss Ward walked me to the place. I told her I was okay, she would not leave me alone. So we walked back to where I was staying. It was a nice walk. 


Okay so I got out and these are the pills I am to take now. Three tables a day for three days. Then two tables for four days once a day. Then one table for four 4 days, then a half once a day for 4 days. I hope you got all that. I have it written down, good thing. 
Folks I feel okay, but my left side of my face is still sagging down a little. I can not smile on my left side. I know He is in control and I need to trust Him even more this day. During my stay, I did do some reading , but my left eye kept on watering, so it was hard to read that much. But I just love the Book of James. It talks about the trails and all that we must go through in our lives and how to handle that is with JOY. I thank you all for your prayer that knew about me. The reason I say that is Sunday morning Eric heard about what happen to me, and told Calvary Bible and people have been praying for me. Thank you and let us see what happens next. Most people that have had this happen to them, recover back to normal. Please keep me in your prayers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello again, going to talk about the old shed in back.

When I started this project, I really was just thinking of running 12 wires to the back and hooking it up and let it alone. But as I have a ...