Thursday, October 17, 2013

Had a chance to do a couple of little projects






Well the day started out with a radiator leak on the new Solar bus. So I took that one out. A while back I took the radiator out of the old Solar Bus. So we have a spare one. Now I should have taken it down to the radiator shop and had it tested. But I didn't. The neat thing is it held the anti freeze. 
Okay now just like the radiator, I took the old tyres off the old Solar bus too. That was a job alone. So now we have four tyres as spares. I have used one all ready. Okay now the tyres that are on the new Solar bus are 10X22.5. The old tyres we saved are 10X20. So my thinking is they will not line up? Well to my surprise they are just fine. You can see they line up just great. Now I went on You Tube this morning to find out what the sizes mean. The 22.5/20. is the width of the tyre. Not that big of a problem. 
Okay moving forward again. The John Deere steering piston is leaking. So I tried to take the whole thing off. But the way they have the pin, there is not enough room to pull it out. You can see I raised it up as high as I could to just push down on one side. No not enough room. The book tells me it is okay to repair it on the machine. I was just thinking it would be easier to do it on the bench. Not today. Oh I don't have the repair kit yet. In November I will be going back to the states, get it then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...