Friday, August 02, 2013

That right the Calvary has made their way here.







Yesterday I went to the airport and picked these guys and girls up. We had some small talk going back to the Camp. Adam is their leader. He use to be part of Patmos many years ago. I am sorry but he is not in any of the pictures above. But before the week-end I will get a shot of him. Well the day didn't start out that great. We had rain coming in all day long. Now if you have been reading my blog before. We have been working on getting the front wall ready for these guys to come in and prime it and paint it. That was what I had planned out. BUT God had another set of plans for yesterday. It rained all day long. You can see below how much rain was happening.
Oh I did tell who these students are. I don't know their names as of yet? But this is a group of student form Calavary Chapel Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Their group name is ICON. Their ages 17 and up to 25 I think? Icon meets on Wednesday Nights at Calvary. Pastor Billy is the over seer. I was sadden to hear he was not coming this time. I have known Billy since I worked with him at Calvary.
Well we found something else for them to do. Now this is things that were needed to do any way. The first pictures getting rite of mildew on the bath house ceilings. The girls used bleach and scrub their little hearts out. After ward it was so nice to walk in and see it all gone.
The next picture is the guys moving tiles. In the cottage we were storing 18" tiles. The reason we had them moved out was, hopefully in the next couple of weeks there will be some work done on them. They got the job done and it is so wonderful to see team work. But the sad part is one of the guys dropped some tiles on his big toe. He is all right. But he will loose his nail. Adam was the doctor. He wrapped a gaze around it and it should be okay. He is the one sitting down. Kyle is his name, I think? 
The next show is the girls cleaning the benches and picnic tables off. They had some mildew on them. This way if it is raining on Saturday. They can paint these. Oh that right, the bath house the same. That area all needs to be painted too.
The last group of girls. They scrub the out side walls around the Media Centre. This area was pretty dirty too. Plus they cleaned up around the weight area. That place was a mess. The guys from groups that come over. They just use the weights an not put them back where they belong. 
So over all this was a great day. They really did us a favor by all they got done. 
NOW HOPEFULLY Saturday, we can do the front wall. Today Stephen and I will try to get the new paint sprayer ready for them. That right. Adam and his students brought us two new Wagner Paint sprayer. I have been reading up on them. Hopefully the primer will flow out. You know sometimes you have to thin the primer or paint. Today we will test them both. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...