Tuesday, August 06, 2013

We had to say good by to our group from ICON.



I was very blessed to call these people my friends. They came here to do work and they did well. If you look back on my blog you can see all the neat tings they got done. I will miss them. When working along side a couple of the ladies, we had a nice talk. It was about, if they ever believe they are called to the mission field. Please give us a try first. They would only be a hop and a skip from their mommy's I even had a couple of chances to talk with the guys too about the same. Folks if you have been here one time or another, you would see what is needed and how we really would love for people to come back and just help out for a couple of months or so. This next school year we will be in need of three or four missionaries to work along side with our staff we have.

Okay the guy sleeping on the sofa, that is my son. He stayed over night on Sunday. It was really a good time for him and the people here. He played games and just hung out. He is back to his sister place this morning. It really was nice just to sit down and have our small talks like we use to. I ask for prayer for him. He has been out looking for a job since he left on July 5th. To stay with his sister, there is a cost. So while he lived with me, the only cost was food. Now he has to pay to stay with his sister. Which is a good way to find out what the real world is like. You remember your fist job? I do and how I had to pay rent too. This was a way for my dad to teach me what it is like to work and pay bills. It really was a eye opener for me. Now Kevin is in the same boat now. He needs to get a job and find out how the world works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay still moving forward, this is June 10th Universal Volcano Bay.

As I am getting older this is more my style. Relaxing and enjoyable. We went down this Lasy River two different times. I think each time was...