Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Testing my new, old toy. Kayak time.


Okay on Monday afternoon, Roy and I took my new, old kayak for a ride. We drove over to the club house lake which is just around the corner. Going to see if she leaks or not. She is solid. 



Paddling along with eases. 


Then, what happening? Not sure why, but the last time I went kayaking, I did the exact thing. 
Bam I am in the water. Not sure why? 
It seams when I make a right turn, the wind blows me over. 
The sad part was I did have a tag line on it. But when I went into the water, I grabbed the ores and the sit. Not thinking of the tag line. 
I can tell you this, I will not go out again with out a life vest of some kind. 
When I was trying to swim back I was holding the paddle in my right hand and the sit in my left. It was hard to swim with them in my hands. Plus this lake was deeper than I thought. Thinking just stand up and all will be well. NOT. 


I got to the shore and was exhausted. Then looking I see the kayak is floating down the middle of the lake. Okay how am I going to get that now? 


We drove over to the other side and I saw it sitting there. Thinking, a piece of cake now. Then the wind came and it started floating away again. I did try to swim out and get it. But the wind kept blowing. So I got way ahead of the wind and swam out and it came to me. 
Never again kayaking with out a vest. 


I order this the next day. 
Plus I watched a couple of videos on how to get back into the kayak while out in the deep water. So after I get my new vest we will try again. Plus try to figure out how to get back into it too. 
Praise God I didn't drowned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, some days things just not going well.

Last week we had needed four new tires on the Kia. So, we got a great deal at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. After picking the Kia up, we drove...