Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Not sure if you know this?


On these Kia Sorento 2011. The door handles break pretty easily. Last year there was a recall on this model. Had the passenger and rear door handles replaced, by them (Kia Dealership). But we went back and asked about repairing the handle on the driver side? 
Sorry not on recall any more??? WHAT?? 
Okay this driver side does not open when you pull the handle. So I went on You Tube and found out how to take the handles off. Okay I did it and the handle itself is not broken. That would have cost about $37.00 for both sides. I really was hoping that was the problem. 



So mean while I taped a piece of string to the pull handle on the inside. Hey is works. You pull the string and push this pipe out the door to hold it open. 
It is a pain. But I talked with Damon at Cason, (auto repairs) He told me the inside parts would run about $200.00 bucks??? 
WOW. Okay 


To get the door panel off was not to hard. 


But when I got inside the panel. MAYBE not for me to do??? The reason is I know the window is hooked to (black) motor in the middle of the door. That could be a problem? 
So I guess I will have Damon do the job after Thanksgiving? The reason is, he is ready to go on vacation and he told me that would be the best  time for him. . 
Okay I guess we will use the rope and pipe to open the driver's door? 
Hey FOLK, Please keep our President Trump in prayer. There is a battle going on with the votes and we really don't want let his opponent be our next president. 
PLEASE PLEASE!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before we left for our vacation, I needed to clear out some branches.

This is alongside of our property. It's Chris's land. He is Jeanne's cousin. He lives in Akasaka.  So, Jeanne asked if we could ...