Saturday, December 19, 2020

Should be a piece of cake flooring???


Okay in the kitchen we have a vinyl floor. Jeanne would love to just replace that. But as I explained to her. Not that easy. So I talked her into the next best. laminate flooring. So we went shopping  around. You know Home Deport, Lowes and even Floor and Decor. Jeanne found something she liked. It was on Clearance. So the price was pretty good too. $3,78 a sq ft. Bought all that they had. Even their samples. Just to make sure we have enough. 


Okay, she would like us to cut it the same as the vinyl is. I just thought we could cut across to the end of the wall and put in a straight pieces. No she wants it the same as it was before. 


So she told me that she would make that piece up, great. So she worked on it an worked on it, with my help too. Got is just right. Now we can just start laying the panels out and snapping them into place. 
Had some trouble, with them. They would not stay in place. I got some Liquid Nails caulk. Ran a couple of beads along under the corner. Let it set up over night. Should be great. 




We went out and bought a belt sander to trim down the ends that go under the medal strip between the carpet and flooring. 


That should to the trick. Tried to snap in the first piece, got it in after a hour or so. Thinking the rest should be a piece of cake? 
It just would not snap in correctly. It kept on moving around. The Liquid Nail didn't harden at all. 
WHY??? NOT??? 
I worked on it the next day and still not snapping into place. OKAY THAT IS IT!!!!. I AM DONE!!. 
So I told Jeanne and she told me to get all the pieces together. I am thinking just need the full boxes to take them back? I pulled up the ones that I glued down, easily. washed them off and stacked them in the trunk and loaded up the full boxes too. 



Jeanne told me to take everything back, even the pieces I cut? I did and drove over to Floor and Decor. Talked with the manger, he was very nice and understanding. He gave back all our money on the flooring. 
I was ticked pink. I did forget the trim pieces we bought then too. I drove back home and the next day I went back and they gave me all our money back. 
I am so happy that I listened to Jeanne. Didn't lose any money on this flooring at all. 
All I can say is. please support this place and they will treat you right. 
I will be back after my knee surgery on (Dec 15th)
I know today is the 19th of Dec. and a lot of things have happen since that day, Dec 14th. 
Pretty much everything that has happen as gone great. Explain down the road. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, some days things just not going well.

Last week we had needed four new tires on the Kia. So, we got a great deal at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. After picking the Kia up, we drove...