Sunday, September 27, 2026

I had a customer call me and ask me if I could help her?


So, she was telling me that she doesn't have hot water. So, I told her I would stop by on Tuesday the 22nd. So, I drove out there and checked to see what the problem could be. There was 240 volts coming from the electric box. But on the water heater element there was no power coming in. So, I checked the switch that runs the water heater. Plenty of power coming out of that. Look at the power coming in the connection where the power supposed to, 240 volts. Okay it must be the water heater itself. So, I decided to pull the old one out and buy another one. 
Started talking with Margo (owner) she was telling me that she really doesn't use that much hot water. Just the shower and wash dishes. Thinking another thing, try to save her some money too. I ordered a in line tankless water heater, online at Home Depot. 
Meanwhile I was trying to put the male threaded fixing on top of the inline PVC. 



I left the water on praying the PVC pipe would not break. It did break and I had to shut off the main line until I could repair this pipe. 




I cut the old fittings out and went over to Butterfields Hardware and bought the parts I needed and came back and put it all back together and let is set for about 20 minutes to make sure the glue was dry and turned the water back on and the new pipe and valve held nicely.




Okay, I tried to find out the amperage rating on the inline tankless water heater. I looked at all reviews and specs. But nowhere does it say amperage. but 240 volts. So, I ordered it online. It came in on the 24th. I brought it over there on next day, 25th. Right on the side of the box said, 60 amps. Her electric box only has 40 amps. Really no place to add any more. So, I need to find another water heater. I could not find any with less amperage. So, I found her a 20-gallon water heater. It cost a $100.00 move. But the 30 gallon one would take another 3 to four days to get shipped to my house. Okay that is why I bought the 20 gallon one, she told me that she would only use with shower and washing dishes. I took the line tankless water heater back to Home Depot and they gave me my money back. I Bought the 20 gallon one and brought it over to her house. Oh, the gentleman in the picture below is Don. He has been my friend since we were 7 years old. So, him and his wife came into town on the 24th and he wanted to come and help me get her water heater working. 



That day we got the water heater and tried just using one leg of the 240 volts, thinking it should be 120 volts, I bought two 20 amp. circuit breaker from Home Depot. Found out her electric box is a General Electris. I bought Square D. So drove over to Butterfield Hareware again. Bough the correct 20 amp. Circuit breakers. But found out it is only 60 volts. Folks Don and I tried pretty much everything we could think of. Still only have 60 volts. I walked away and told her maybe we will need to call the electrician. I told her I will try to find one. Meanwhile Don went on AI and thinks he found the answer we needed. Driving back home we talked about how to maybe find out what the problem is. Got back to my house and talked a bunch about different things to do.  
Went to bed and I got up around 3am (25th) and asked the Lord for His help. It came to me, why not just run a brand new 12-gauge wire in the electric box and then run it to the new water heater. 
Stayed up and did my Bible study and whatever else I needed to make this work. I went into my shed and found the wire and loaded everything I could think of. I drove Jeannne to school and helped her set things up and drove back home and got Don and told him what I believe we should do. He said great, that sounds good. Drove over to Home Depot and bought a few more parts and then to Margo's house we went. Got there I took the side skirting off the motor home and looked under the house, found where the electric box comes in. Then pushed the 12-gauge wire into a hole in the box, down into under the house. Then I went out and asked Don to stay and push the wire into the hole and I will pull it down under the house up to where the water heater is setting. Boy there was water and sand under there and I just kept push my body up to the water heater and Don meet me at the water heater. I got myself out from under the trailer, my shirt was wet and dirty. Walked back went over where and water heater is and found out I need to drill and 3/4" hole into the plywood to get the wire up to the water heater. Made sure everything was looking good. Pulled the old circuit 40 amp (double 20-amp switches) out and installed the two new 20-amp single circuit breakers in. Tested the powered everything looked great. 120 volts on both circuit breakers. So, I shut off one and hooked up one for the water heater and tested at the water heater and everything is beautiful. So turned the water valve on and I could hear the water flowing. Filled it all the way up. Then flipped the switch on the 20-amp circuit break and power was still great. Ran some water and Don told me that it was warming up. So, talked with Margo and explained that she should have hot water before she goes to sleep. 
Got up on the 26th and I texted her and said everything is okay. 
Thank you, Jesus Christ for all you do for us. 
This morning I sent to her the new price for the new water heater and labor and she text me back. Okay. So, now tomorrow I need to drive to Fort Lauderdale. I have a dentist appointment in the morning and maybe I will stop by to get her check afterwards. 
I am so blessed to call my Lord Jesus Christ my SAVOR. 
I gave my life to Him on Oct. 26th 1996. Since then, I believe what the Bible I have read saids. 
In the Bok of John 3:1 to 8 verses talks about a gentleman named Nicdemus came to Jesus at night and came to talk with Him. But in verse (3). Jesus replied, "I assure you, unless you are born again, you can never see the Kingdom of God" (4) "What do you mean" exclaimed Nicodemus. "How can an old man go back into his mother's womb and be born again?"(5) Jesus replied =, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit" (6) Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven. So don't be surprised at the statement that you must be born again. (8) Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born again of the Spirit. 
Folks I believe Jesus tells us in John 14:6 I am the way the truth and the life. NO ONE can come to the Father except through me. 
I know it is hard to understand sometimes. But His Word Lives and we all need to have faith in HIM. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had a customer call me and ask me if I could help her?

So, she was telling me that she doesn't have hot water. So, I told her I would stop by on Tuesday the 22nd. So, I drove out there and ch...