Saturday, July 01, 2017

I am on my way to Key West.


Well I started out early on Thursday morning. Traveling along pretty good. 



As you pull into Florida City this is the sign you are looking for. But you still have over 120 miles left to go. 


Going along US 1 there are these blue walls along the way. I was told they are here to keep the animals and crocodiles from crossing the highway. It was funny when I was stopped to get gas at Race Track. I was texting the family I was coming down to see. Janice and her grand children. Well she wrote back and said I will be hitting the Blue Road. I driving along and looking for Blue Road. I got down here and she told me that they call this area the Blue Wall Road. 


Well I got here and it really is like Paradise. I took this picture later on during the dog walk at night. But now you see where I am. 


After I got here, Janice and her grand children, Jasmin and Conley. We went for a bike ride around the park to show me all the neat things there are to do. Plus this way I will not get lost so easily 


This is the place that Janice is renting for two weeks. The funny thing is Janice and her family have been coming down here since the 80's. One of her daughters, Stephanie, use to own a home down here, for 4 years or so? But as Stephanie has gotten married this last January. They decided to sell her place and buy a home in Vero Beach, Florida. So as Janice use to come down here two or three times a years to just enjoy the Keys life. Oh Janice's has a sister, Joyce, that own a place down here too. They have had this place since he 80's. They were suppose to be coming down here during this last week or so. But they have been traveling around the states for a few months in a RV. They will be back down here next week or so. 



The pool was closed for repairs so we went down to the small cove and went swimming there.


 On the way back I noticed this neat sign. It looks like they took old license plates and made up this sign. If you notice they are all Michigan. 
Okay this is Thursday and I am here until Sunday morning. 
There is a lot to see and I will be sharing many pictures down the road. 
May you day be a blessed as mine is. He is SOOOOOO, good to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, some days things just not going well.

Last week we had needed four new tires on the Kia. So, we got a great deal at St. Lucie Battery and Tire. After picking the Kia up, we drove...